Urad and Rice Flour Dosa
If you love dosas, here’s a recipe that will help you make favourite food a little more healthier and nutritious. This recipe uses urad dal, which is a rich source of potassium, carbohydrate, dietary fibre, protein, calcium, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium. Here’s how you can make this nutritious dosa at home easily.
Ingredients: 1 ½ cups of rice flour, ¾ cup of urad dal, 2 ½ cups of water, salt, oil.
1. Rinse the dal and add to the rice flour in a bowl. Mix well. Grind in a mixer with adequate water to get a thick yet flowing batter.
2. Set for fermentation overnight.
3. Next morning, add salt to the batter and mix well.
4. Heat oil on a griddle, pour out the batter in the shape of the dosa.
5. Watch out for the base to turn golden and crispy. Pour oil on the upper side and flip the dosa.
6. When both sides are done, fold the dosa and serve hot with coconut chutney or sambar.
Easy to cook, this recipe is ideal for your breakfast as it is filling and highly nutritious. Give this recipe a try today and enjoy this delicious and healthy dish.