Val Papdi Bhaji
Val papdi bhaji is a Maharashtrian dish which is made using flat green beans, locally call val papdi. These green beans are extremely nutritious as they are rich in manganese, folate, Vitamin K, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, dietary fibre, copper, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, calcium, Vitamin B6, niacin, riboflavin, thiamine and protein. With all these dietary benefits, this dish is a must have.
Ingredients: 250 gm of papdi (flat green beans), 1 small onion finely chopped, 2-3 garlic cloves finely chopped, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, 1 green chilli chopped, 3 tbsp. grated coconut, 1 tbsp. oil, salt and chopped coriander leaves for garnishing.
1. Rinse the green beans and chop them up. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped onions and garlic. Saute till the onions are translucent.
3. Add the chopped green beans and turmeric powder and chilli powder.
4. Cover with rimmed plate. Pour water over the plate so that the beans are cooked in the steam generated.
5. If there is water in the pan, remove the lid and cook till all the water evaporates.
6. Add salt and stir well. Cook for a couple of minutes.
7. Add chopped coriander leaves. Close the lid for a few minutes.
8. Remove from flame and serve the dish with rotis or chapattis.
Val papdi bhaji is easy to cook and hardly requires any time. So make a nutritious meal today using this recipe!