Veg Hakka Noodles
Prepare the restaurant type favourite noodles at home using this recipe. This recipe uses a lot of fresh vegetables which are a rich source of dietary fibre, potassium, protein, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium. So now you needn’t worry about his nutrition either.
Ingredients: 1 packet of hakka noodles, 3-4 spring onions finely chopped, 1 carrot finely chopped, 8-10 French beans chopped, 4-5 button mushrooms finely chopped, 1 bell pepper finely chopped, 1 ½ tsps. finely chopped garlic, 2-3 dry red chillies, 1 tsp finely chopped celery, ¼ tsp rice vinegar, ½ tbsp. soy sauce, oil, salt, pepper and water.
1. Heat water in a pan and add salt and ½ tsp of oil in it. When the water comes to a boil, add the hakka noodles. Cook till the noodles are done, remove in a colander, rinse under cold water and add a little oil. Mix the noodles so that they are coated with oil and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a kadhai and add the dry red chillies and chopped garlic. When the red chillies turn dark and the garlic becomes brown in colour, add the chopped spring onions and French beans. Saute on high flame for about 3 minutes and add the rest of the chopped vegetables.
3. Saute till the vegetables begin to show brown edges. Add soy sauce, toss the vegetables once and add the vinegar.
4. Cook for about 5 minutes and add the hakka noodles. Toss and cook the noodles with the rest of the ingredients for about a minute.
5. Sprinkle salt, toss all the ingredients once more. Garnish with chopped spring onions and serve.
You can serve the hakka noodles with any Indo-Chinese dish. Perfect for a great lunch or dinner, this recipe is easy to prepare and hardly takes any time.