Veg Kathi Rolls
Vegetable kathi rolls serve as the perfect snack. Besides being delicious, these rolls are highly nutritious as they are made from whole wheat flour, which is a rich source of carbohydrates, dietary fibre, protein, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: 1 heaped cup whole wheat flour, salt, ½ cup water, 1 tsp. oil, 1 potato cubed, 1 cup chopped capsicum, cauliflower, carrot, peas; 1 tbsp. oil, ½ tsp cumin, ½ tsp. mustard, a pinch of hing, 1 onion thinly sliced, 1 tsp. ginger garlic paste, ½ tsp. garam masala, ½ tsp. coriander powder, ½ tsp. chilli powder, a pinch of turmeric powder, chopped coriander leaves, 2-3 tbsps. Green chutney.
1. Boil the potatoes till they are just done.
2. Mix the flour and prepare a soft dough. Roll out parathas and cook till you can see brown spots on both sides.
3. Heat oil and splutter the cumin seeds. Saute the onions, toss in the spice powders.
4. Add the ginger garlic paste and sauté till it is done. Add the vegetables and cook till they are done. Add salt and coriander leaves.
5. Cook and keep the filling aside.
6. Spread the chutney on the paratha, place the filling and roll the roti and place a toothpick in between.
Try out this recipe today!