Wondering what to prepare for lunch? Veg keema is a delicious dish which can easily be prepared at home. Besides being absolutely delicious, this dish offers the goodness of fresh vegetables. Vegetables are a great source of potassium, dietary fibre, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: 7-8 finely chopped cauliflower florets, 7-8 finely chopped French beans, 7-8 finely chopped mushrooms, 1 carrot grated, ½ cup boiled green peas, 2 tomatoes finely chopped, 1 onion finely chopped, 1 green chilli finely chopped, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, 1 black cardamom, 1 inch cinnamon, 1 tsp coriander powder, ½ tsp turmeric powder, ½ tsp garam masala powder, ½ tsp red chilli powder, 2 tbsp. sunflower oil, 2 cups water, salt.
1. Heat oil in a pan and sauté all the whole spices.
2. Add the chopped onions and fry till they are brown. Next, add the ginger garlic paste and sauté till it loses its raw smell.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook till they are pulpy. Toss in the spice powders and mix well with the masala. Fry for a few minutes.
4. Next add the chopped vegetables, water and salt. Close the lid of the pan so that the vegetables can cook.
5. Ensure that the vegetables are dry and there is no water in the pan. Add the boiled peas. Season with salt and mix well.
6. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with rotis or chapattis.
Easy to cook and loaded with nutrition, this is a dish that you would want to have once in a while. So put your vegetables to good use by trying out this recipe today and surprise at the dinner table tonight!