Here’s an Indo-Chinese recipe that you can easily prepare at home. This recipe is also very nutritional as it uses fresh vegetables which are rich sources of dietary fibre, protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, calcium, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: ½ cup chopped carrot, ½ cup finely chopped cabbage, ¼ cup finely chopped bell pepper, 2 tbsp. finely chopped spring onions, ½ tsp freshly crushed black pepper, 2 tbsp. maida, 2 tbsp. cornflour, salt, 2 tbsp. onions chopped, 1 tbsp finely chopped celery, 1 tbsp ginger, 1 tbsp garlic, 2 green chillies, 1 tbsp corn flour dissolved in 2 tbsp water, ½ tbsp. soya sauce, ½ tbsp. vinegar, ½ cup vegetable stock, salt, sugar and chopped spring onions for garnishing.
1. In a bowl, mix the chopped carrots, cabbage, bell pepper, spring onions, black pepper, maida, cornflour and salt. Keep aside for a few minutes and shape into small balls.
2. Heat oil, deep fry these balls and set aside.
3. In a kadhai, heat oil, fry the chopped onions, ginger, garlic, chillies, celery on a high flame for a few minutes without browning them.
4. Add the vegetable stock, soy sauce and crushed black pepper. Mix well and let the sauce simmer for a couple of minutes.
5. Add the cornflour paste and mix. Thicken the gravy and add the fried vegetable balls.
6. Garnish with chopped spring onions and serve.
Serve this for lunch or dinner along with favourite noodles or fried rice. Try out this recipe today!