Veg Masala Toast Sandwich
Vegetable masala toast sandwich is a delicious breakfast item. In addition, this sandwich is extremely healthy as it uses a filling made of potatoes, which are a rich source of potassium, dietary fibre, protein, Vitamin C,Vitamin B6, calcium, iron and magnesium.
Ingredients: 3-4 potatoes boiled and mashed, 1 onion chopped, 1 tomato chopped, 1 green chilli chopped, 8-10 curry leaves, ½ tsp cumin seeds, ½ tsp mustard seeds, chopped coriander leaves, ¼ tsp. turmeric powder, a pinch of hing, ¼ tsp red chilli powder, ¾ cup coriander leaves, ¼ cup mint leaves, ½ inch ginger chopped, 2 green chillies chopped, black salt, water, few drops of lemon juice, 10-12 slices of brown bread, 1 onion thinly sliced, 1 tomato thinly sliced, 1 small capsicum thinly sliced, 1 cucumber thinly sliced, butter, chaat masala.
1. Grind the coriander leaves, mint leaves, ginger, chillies with black salt, water and lemon juice into a smooth chutney. Set aside.
2. In a pan, heat oil and splutter the mustard seeds. Sprinkle the cumin seeds and fry them.
3. Add the chopped onions and sauté till they are translucent. Add the chopped green chillies and tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes are pulpy and soft.
4. Sprinkle all the spice powders, salt and mix well. Add the mashed potatoes and mix well.
5. Add the chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Set the stuffing aside for cooling.
6. Butter the bread slices, apply the green chutney evenly. Spread the stuffing on the bread and top it with the sliced onion, tomato, capsicum and cucumber.
7. Place another slice of bread on top and grill in a sandwich maker.
Serve this yummy sandwich with green chutney or tomato ketchup for breakfast. So what are you waiting for? Try out this recipe today!