Prepare a quick and tasty snack with this easy to follow recipe. Veg nuggets are healthy as they contain several vegetables. Vegetables are a rich source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, iron, calcium, potassium, sodium, dietary fibre, Vitamin B6 and magnesium. Here’s how you can prepare veg nuggets at home easily.
Ingredients: 250 gms of mashed potatoes, ½ cup of green peas, ½ cup finely grated carrots, 1/3 cup of chopped capsicum, 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste, ½ tsp of oregano, ¼ tsp of chilli powder, ¼ tsp garam masala, ½ tsp pepper powder, 1 tsp chopped coriander leaves, 3 tbsp of roasted besan, ¼ cup of grated cheese, ½ cup of oats, salt, oil.
1. Mix all the vegetables with the mashed potatoes.
2. Add in the seasonings and masala powders, salt and chopped coriander and mix well.
3. Add besan to the mixture and knead into a soft dough.
4. Prepare a mixture of 2 tbsp of besan and 2 tbsp water and set aside.
5. Shape out cutlets from the dough.
6. Heat oil in a pan. Dip the cutlets in the besan+water combination and drop them into the oil.
7. Fry till they are golden in colour.
Serve with tomato ketchup or a tangy chutney. Try it out today!