Veg Pasta in White Sauce
While a lot of people argue that pasta isn’t good for health, very few know that it is a rich source of carbohydrates, proteins, iron, Vitamin B12 and magnesium. So do not fret over your love for pasta. Use this recipe to cook a delicious meal at home, instead.
Ingredients: 1 cup shell pasta, 1 ½ cup chopped white button mushrooms, ½ cup green peas, 1 medium potato, 1 medium carrot, 1 medium capsicum, 4-5 baby corns, 1 medium onion chopped, 2-3 garlic cloves finely chopped, 2 cups milk, 2 ½ tbsp. maida, ½ tsp dry oregano, 2-3 tbsp. butter, 2-3 tbsp grated cheddar cheese, salt, black pepper.
1. Steam the peas, potato, carrot and baby corns in a pressure cooker till they are soft. Chop and set aside.
2. Boil the pasta in water with a few drops of oil and salt until fully cooked. Remove from the stove, rinse in cold water and set aside.
3. Melt butter in a pan and add the onions and garlic. Saute till the onions become soft.
4. Add the mushrooms and cook till the mushrooms have released all their moisture and become slightly brown in colour.
5. Next, add the chopped capsicum and sauté for about 20 minutes.
6. Add maida and mix well with the rest of ingredients in a manner that it coats all of them well.
7. Add the boiled vegetables and stir well with the maida mixture.
8. Pour milk gently and stir continuously so that it mixes well with the maida and forms a white sauce. Season with salt and black pepper and stir well.
9. When the sauce has thickened, add the cooked pasta. Coat the pasta well in the white sauce and top it with grated cheddar cheese.
Try this delicious pasta as a snack and relish it. Try out this recipe today.