Veg Pulao Asian Style
Treat to an Indo Chinese dish with the Asian style veg pulao or pilaf. This recipe is not just tasty and appetizing, but is also highly nutritious as it uses fresh vegetables which are a rich source of potassium, sodium, dietary fibre, protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, calcium, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: 1 ½ cups of basmati rice soaked in water for half an hour, 2 ½ cups of water, 2 spring onion whites finely chopped, 1 ½ cups of broccoli florets blanched in salted water, ½ cup chopped carrots, 1 tsp chopped celery, ½ tsp black pepper powder, 1 tsp soy sauce, 2 star anise, 1 inch cinnamon stick, 1 tsp julienned ginger, salt, 10-12 roasted cashews.
1. Heat oil in a deep bottom vessel and sauté the star anise and cinnamon.
2. Add the whites of the spring onions and fry till they are light golden.
3. Add the ginger and fry for about 30 seconds. Add the chopped carrots and broccoli and sauté for a couple of minutes.
4. Sprinkle the black pepper, soy sauce and salt and mix well.
5. Add the chopped celery and stir. Now add the rice, pour water and cook.
6. Close the lid of the vessel and remove after the rice is done.
7. Garnish with roasted cashews and serve.
This is a wholesome, delicious and nutritious dish which is sure to loved. So give it a try today!