Now you do not have to order vegetable biriyani from outside. You can make delicious biriyani at home using this recipe. This dish is extremely nutritious as it is made using fresh vegetables, which are rich sources of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, folate, dietary fibre and potassium.
Ingredients: 1 ½ cup basmati rice, 1 potato cubed, 1 carrot cubed, fistful of green peas, 1 onion sliced, 1 tbsp. ginger garlic paste, fistful of mint leaves, coriander leaves, 1-2 green chillies, 1 tbsp. lemon juice, 2 tsp. biriyani masala powder, 2 ½ cups water, 2-3 tbsp. oil, fried capsicum for garnish, 1 bay leaf, 4 green cardamoms, 1 star anise, 1” cinnamon stick, 6 cloves, ½ tsp. shahi jeera, few pepper corns.
1. Soak the rice for 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Add oil in a pressure cooker and add the whole spices and fry. Fry onions till they turn translucent.
3. Next, add the ginger garlic paste, sauté and put the chopped vegetables.
4. Put the chopped mint leaves, biriyani masala and sauté.
5. Pour water and add the rice, salt and stir.
6. Close the lid of the cooker and cook for 5 minutes.
7. When the rice is done, squeeze a lemon on top.
8. Stir and serve.
Easy, isn’t it? Use this recipe to surprise all with this yummy dish!