Dalia or broken wheat is a commonly preferred breakfast option because of its high nutritional value. Dalia is a rich source of dietary fibre, carbohydrates, protein and iron and is essential for the healthy development. Here’s a recipe that will help you make dalia interesting and tasty.
Ingredients: 1 cup dalia, 1 medium sized onion chopped, 1 inch ginger chopped, 2 green chillies chopped, 1 tomato chopped, ½ cup each of chopped carrots and potatoes, ½ cup green peas, 4 cups water, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tbsp. oil, salt.
1. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and splutter the cumin seeds. Add the onions and sauté till they are translucent.
2. Add the ginger, green chillies and sauté for a couple of minutes.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes and sauté for about a minute. Next, add the chopped vegetables, season with salt and sauté for 2 minutes.
4. Follow with washed dalia and stir for 3-4 minutes.
5. Pour in the water, close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook on medium flame for about 10 minutes.
6. Remove the cooked dalia, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve.
Dalia is extremely beneficial for health and serves as the perfect choice. So go ahead and try out this recipe today!