Vegetable Loaded Vermicelli Upma
Vermicelli Upma is an easy to make breakfast option that is loaded with vegetables and your whole family can enjoy it. It is like a pot meal with some vegetables, dal and vermicelli. You can even add paneer if you are fond of it.
To make Vermicelli Upma:
1. Take 1 cup vermicelli and dry roast it in a pan and keep aside.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp urad dal, 1 tsp channa dal, few curry leaves and sauté for some time.
3. Now add 1 chopped onion and cook. Add 1 chopped tomato and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add 1 cup chopped mixed vegetables ( capsicum, carrot, peas), salt and turmeric.
5. Cook covered for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add the roasted vermicelli and 1 cup water.
7. Cook covered for 5 minutes till the vermicelli is done.
Drizzle lemon juice over it, mix and serve.