Vegetable Tortellini Soup
Soups make an excellent option for appetisers for the kids. They add to the variety of your cooking and this soup, being filled with an abundance of vegetables and spices, is definitely going to appeal very well to the kids.
Ingredients : 1 tablespoon – olive oil, 1/2 medium – onion, 2 clove – garlic, 1 medium – carrot, 1 stalk – celery, 5 cup – vegetable broth, 14.5 ounce – diced tomatoes, canned, 1/2 teaspoon – oregano, dried, 1/2 teaspoon – basil, dried, 1/2 teaspoon – parsley, dried, 1/8 teaspoon – thyme, dried, 9 ounce – tortellini pasta, 3 cup, chopped – kale, 1/8 teaspoon – salt, 1/8 teaspoon – black pepper, ground, 1/4 cup – Parmesan cheese, grated
1. In a pot, heat the oil. Chop together onions, carrots, celery and garlic.
2. Add onions to the oil and cook for about 2-3 minutes till the veggies get soft.
3. Add garlic, carrots, and celery. Cook for few more minutes.
4. Add broth, chopped tomatoes, spices to the pot. Let the mix come to a boil. Add the tortellini and cook. Stir in the kale about one minute before the tortellini is cooked.
5. Remove from heat and add salt and pepper. Serve after garnishing with cheese.
This is an excellent soup to treat your kids with!