Veggie Rava Uttapam
Rava Uttapam is a delicious and quick breakfast option. You can load it with the veggies of your choice to make it nutritious and healthy. Unlike the traditional uttapam batters, this one is easier to make and does not even need a mixer. Rava is very low in saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium. It is also a good source of thiamin and folate, selenium.
Ingredients: 1 cup medium or fine rava, 1 tbsp grated ginger, 1 cup curd, salt to taste, onion, tomato, and capsicum.
1. Heat a pan and roast rava for 2 minutes or until it emits a distinct aroma and turns slightly pink.
2. Now combine the roasted rava with ginger and curd. Add water if required and mix well.
3. Cover and let the batter ferment for 1 hour.
4. Uncover, add salt and mix gently.
5. Now pour a ladle full of the batter and spread it out into thin uttapam.
6. Drizzle oil on the sides and top it up with chopped onion, tomato, and capsicum. Press gently to set the veggies.
7. Turnover and cook on the other side using little oil.
8. Serve this filling breakfast with sauce or chutney.