Veggie Spinach Pops
Veggie Spinach Pops recipe is a great one to incorporate greens into your diet. Filled with carrots, chickpeas and spinach, this dish is sure to give a superkick start to your appetite for more and more spinach! Carrot is an excellent source of dietary fibre and vitamin A. Chickpeas provide a great amount of protein for muscle strength, with carbohydrates. Spinach is a rich source of minerals, mainly iron. It is also packed with vitamins.
Ingredients: 1 cup spinach leaves, 3-4 tbsp coriander leaves, 1 cup chickpeas, 3-4 carrots, 1 cup rice flour, salt, 1-2 tbsp kasuri methi, pepper, 1 tsp red chilli powder, oil
1. Wash the spinach and coriander leaves thoroughly with lukewarm water. Blend the greens until smooth.
2. In a shallow pan, add oil and let it heat up. Add the green paste and sauté it until it is cooked. Remove it off of heat.
3. Boil chickpeas until they are cooked and let it cool. Also blend the chickpeas coarsely.
4. Chop the carrots finely. Mix all the ingredients together. Season the mixture with salt, pepper, red chilli powder and kasuri methi.
5. Add rice flour to remove any excess water present in the mixture.
6. Make tiny bite-sized pops out of the mixture and roll them over rice flour.
7. Heat oil in a kadai and drop the pops gently, one by one and fry them for about 4-5 minutes on medium heat.
8. Place the fried pops on a tissue to absorb any excess oil.
Serve with tomato sauce and relish it.