Whole Wheat Apple Pancake
Sweet spongy yummy pancakes can make anyone hungry. Apple is best fruit, since it boosts up immunity and it is good for digestion too. Apples are extremely rich in antioxidants and dietary fiber. Combo of the two healthy items will make a great treat.
Ingredients: Wheat flour -1cup, Apple-1, Ghee or butter-2tsb, Cardamom-1/2 tsb, Jaggery powder-2tsb(if apple is sweet you can skip it), Salt-a pinch, Water
1. Peel the apple and chop it in cubes; boil it with some water when till it cooks, then blend it in the blender, keep this apple puree aside.
2. Sieve the wheat flour along with salt in a mixing bowl and add cardamom powder to it.
3. Add the puree, jaggery and water in the flour mixture and mix it well. Make sure no lumps are formed.
4. Cover the batter and give it 20 minutes to rest so that the batter is set properly. After 20 minutes mix it again for 2 minutes.
5. Put a non stick tawa on the gas top and heat it up properly, keep the gas on a low flame, grease some ghee on it and pour a little batter on the tawa .
6. When bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake flip it to the other side and cook it properly.
Your yummy healthy pancake is ready, serve it at room temperature.