Whole Wheat Banana Bread Recipe With Jaggery
This whole wheat banana bread recipe is a great lunchbox and travel snack, and actually tastes so much better than the refined flour/sugar versions. This snack is rich in potassium, vitamin B-6, sodium, iron, calcium and dietary fibres. So the next time you see your precious bananas browning on the kitchen counter, you know what to do!
Ingredients: 2 cups of whole wheat, ½ cup together almond slices and cashews, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp salt, 3-5 cardamoms, 3 ripe bananas, 1 cup jaggery, 1 cup yogurt or buttermilk, ½ cup cold butter
1. Sieve all the dry ingredients together and mix them well.
2. Mash the bananas in a bowl.
3. Add the powered jaggery to the mashed banana and mix well.
4. Crumble the butter with your fingers into the banana jaggery mix and add yoghurt. Combine well.
5. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together and add the slivered almonds and cashew pieces.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 degree Celsius. Grease and flour a loaf pan.
7. Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan and bake for 1 hour. The baking time depends upon your oven, so keep checking in between to prevent it from burning.
8. The loaf is ready when a tooth pick inserted into it comes out clean.
Cool the loaf before cutting and serving. Go ahead and give this recipe a try today!