Whole Wheat Bread
We all buy bread from retail stores without considering the fact about their nutritional value. You can make bread at home which is healthier and tastier. Here’s how you can easily make your own bread at home. Whole wheat bread is rich in sodium, dietary fibre, iron, calcium, magnesium etc.
Ingredients: 3 cups whole wheat flour, 1-1/2 cups of water, 1 tsp instant yeast, 1 tsp salt, 1 tablespoon regular sugar, 2 tablespoons ghee, 2 tablespoons curd,
1. In a bowl, mix the flour with salt.
2. Add the yeast and lightly mix. Add sugar, ghee, curd and mix into a soft dough.
3. Brush the dough with some water and set aside for at least half an hour.
4. Remove and lightly knead the dough again and shape it into a log.
5. Grease a loaf pan and place the dough in it.
6. Leave it in the loaf pan for 40-45 minutes.
7. Preheat your oven at 220 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
8. The dough will rise in some time. Keep the loaf pan in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
9. If the bread begins to brown from the top, then cover with butter paper or aluminium foil.
10. Remove from the loaf pan and set aside for cooling.
11. Cut into loaves.
Your home made bread is ready to use. You can use it for making toasts, sandwiches, bread upma, etc. So why spend so much on bread available in retail stores, when you can make healthier and more delicious bread at home? Try making your own bread at home today using this simple recipe!