Whole Wheat Egg Roll
You can prepare this healthy roll recipe within minutes and it’s filling too. It’s nutritional value is high because of the healthy ingredients you will be adding to it along with your love. Eggs will help in building a defense system against cough and cold and whole wheat flour helps in providing a good amount carbs and energy to keep active throughout the day.
Ingredients: Measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250ml, 1 cup whole wheat flour, half cup warm water to prepare dough, 1 tbsp sugar, 1–2 eggs, 1 thinly sliced onion, 1 thinly sliced tomato, half thinly sliced mixed bell peppers, salt and pepper to taste, mayonnaise, ketchup, a little oil for drizzling.
1. Make dough using wheat flour by adding adequate amount of warm water and let it rest for 10 minutes.
2. Now, heat a pan and add little oil to it for sautéing the vegetables.
3. Sauté for 2-3 minutes so that the vegetables don’t lose their crunch. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Remove this mixture from flame and let it cool in a plate.
5. Now take a small ball of the dough and roll out like a chapati. Then heat a non stick pan and half cook chapatti from both sides by drizzling little oil on it.
6. Then break an egg on the chapatti and use a fork to spread it evenly on the chapatti. Let it cook on low flame.
7. Now it’s time to turn it. Let it cook for another minute. Now add a spoon of cooked vegetables to it along with ketchup and mayonnaise and roll it.
Your yummy whole wheat egg roll is ready to be served.