Whole Wheat Pancakes
Here is a healthy breakfast option that your whole family will love. Unlike the packaged pancake powder, these homemade pancakes are high on fibre and also free of preservatives.
Ingredients: ¾ cup all-purpose flour, ¾ cup whole wheat flour, 3 tbsp sugar, 1 ½ tsp baking powder, ½ tsp baking soda, ½ tsp salt, 1½ cup buttermilk, 1 tbsp vegetable oil, 2 eggs, 1 tsp butter and 1 tsp maple syrup.
1. Mix all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a bowl, mix buttermilk, vegetable oil, and eggs. Whisk well and add in the flour mixture. Mix well.
3. Heat a non-stick pan and spray cooking oil. Spoon ¼ cup batter to make pancake.
4. Turn when the bubbles form and cook on both sides.
5. Put on a plate, top with butter and maple syrup.
Cut into bite size pieces and relish the yummy taste.