Wholesome Broccoli Parathas
Worried about eating veggies? Broccoli parathas are an interesting and delicious way of ensuring to get all the fibre and nutrition that veggies have to offer. Broccoli is rich in dietary fibre, carbohydrates, sodium, potassium, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, iron, calcium and magnesium. Here’s a simple recipe to help you make these parathas easily:
Ingredients: 1 ½ cup of atta, 1 ½ cups of grated broccoli, 1 finely chopped green chilly, a pinch of chilli and garam masala powders, ½ tsp of aamchur powder, 1 tablespoon of besan, oil, salt.
1. Blanch the broccoli in boiling water to get rid of pests. Set aside for cooling.
2. Mix atta, salt, oil and water and prepare a dough for the parathas. Set aside for sometime.
3. Mince the broccoli into coarse florets in a mixer. Set aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan, add green chillies, the spices, aamchur powder and salt into the pan and sauté.
5. Add broccoli florets into the pan and sauté on low flame for a couple of minutes.
6. Add besan and mix well so that all ingredients are coated with it.
7. Make balls from the dough and flatten them out with a rolling pin. Place a little of the broccoli stuffing into the centre of the flattened dough and pull all the edges to the centre.
8. Flatten out the ball again with the rolling pin.
9. Cook on a greased griddle. When the base is done, pour oil on the top and flip sides to ensure that the paratha is cooked well.
Isn’t this simple yet brilliant? You will love this new parathas without fussing over veggies. So go on and try it out today!