Wholesome Paneer and Matar Paratha
Here is a recipe of a wholesome paratha that will help to meet daily requirement of proteins and calcium. This bountiful and wholesome paratha is a great winter meal when fresh Peas are in abundance.
Ingredients: 1 cup green peas, ½ cup water, 1 cup wheat flour, 2 tsp oil, salt, 1 tsp of chilli powder, 1 tbsp raisins, ¾ cup grated paneer, chopped coriander, and salt.
1. Boil green peas and blend it into a paste using ½ cup water.
2. Mix the peas paste with wheat flour, oil, salt, and chilli powder.
3. Make a soft dough using water if required. Cover and keep aside for 10 minutes.
4. Soak raisins for 10 minutes. Drain and chop.
5. Combine the chopped raisins with grated paneer, chopped coriander, and salt. Mix well.
6. Take small portion of dough, flatten, add some paneer stuffing, seal, and roll out into a paratha. Repeat with remaining dough.
7. Cook on a hot tawa using ghee.
You can serve this paratha with curds or plain dal to add more calcium and proteins to the meal.