Yum Apple Pie In The Apple
You might shy away from having an apple, but if the same apple is given in the form of a pie, then you will be happy to have it. Apple are very high in Vitamins and Calcium and is very good for your health.
Ingredients: Pie Crust, Granny Smith Apples, ¼ cup sugar, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon (more or less, make adjustment as desired).
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Cut off the top of 4 apples and discard. Remove the inside of each apple with a spoon carefully, as to not puncture the peel.
2. Remove skin from 2 additional apples and slice them very thinly. These apple pieces will give you filling needed to fill the four apples you are baking.
3. Mix sliced apples with sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Scoop sliced apples into hollow apples.
4. Roll out pie crust and slice into ¼ inch strips. You can also add a strip of pastry inside the top of the apple, which will act almost like a liner to add a little more texture/sweetness to the pie.
5. Cover the top of the apple with pie crust strips. Place apples in an 8x8 pan. Add just enough water to the cover the bottom of the pan. Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
6. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and sliced apples are soft.
And your delicious pie is ready! Treat yourself with this amazing dessert!