Yum Yum Jaggery Ragi Ladoo
As a parent you always try to prepare the best food for your little buddy. But if your kiddo is a fussy eater then you will definitely be worried. Here is one variation of Ragi. Ragi is a rich source of fiber, minerals, proteins and anti-microbial properties, which helps to prevent your kiddo from many bacterial infections like typhoid.
Ingredients: Ragi flour -1.5 Cup, Jaggery powder -150gm, Ghee-100gm, Cardamom powder- 1/2 tsb, Almonds- 8-10 pieces, Cashew nuts- 8-10 pieces, Raisins 1tsb.
1. In a small pan roast almonds and chashew nuts. Once it cools down chop them into small pieces or crush them.
2. Roast the ragi flour in a bigger pan. Stir it continuously to ensure even roasting.
3. Once you the aroma of the roasted flour, pour 70 gms of ghee in the flour, mix it properly. Make sure that there no lumps found on mixing. Stir it continuously and roast it for 5-7 minutes.
4. Now, bring your pan down and add to it, cardamom powder and jaggery powder. Mix it well and break the tiny lumps of jaggery if any, with the help of a spoon or spatula.
5. Now add the finely chopped nuts. Mix well.
6. Aagin heat the mixture just a little bit, to make it warm. Take a little of the mixture and roll it in between your palms to make a ball; first clockwise and then anti-clockwise.
7. If you are unable to make ladoos, then add some more ghee, which is at room temperature. Mix again thoroughly and begin to shape the ladoos.
8. When all the ladoos cools down completely, store it in air tight container.
Serve this ladoo to your loved one as a morning or an evening snack along with a glass of milk .