Yummilicious Suji Dhokla For Your Kiddo
This simple Dhokla recipe is loaded with proteins and carbohydrates and will be loved by everyone. Try this for evening snack today!
(Measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml). 2 cups semoline (suji), 1 cup sour curd, 1 tsp oil, 1/2 tsp haldi, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tbsp Eno or fruit salt.
For tempering: 1/2 tsp mustard seeds, 1 green chilli, 4-5 curry leaves, 2 tsp oil, 1/2 cup water and 2tbsp sugar, few coriander leaves.
1. Take all the ingredients in a bowl leaving Eno aside and mix them well into a thick batter. If the batter is too thick then add some water to the mixture.
2. Now Keep the batter aside for 10 minutes and let the steamer be hot to prepare the Idlis. Once the steamer is hot then add Eno to the mixture and mix well. The mixture will rise immediately and it will appear bubbly.
3. Pour the batter in the greased Dhokla stand and steam for about 10-12 minutes by covering the steamer with lid.
4. Now, turn off the heat and then wait for another 5 minutes. Now take out the ready Dhokla from the stand and keep it on the plate. Cut it in square shape or whichever shape you want.
5. Heat some oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, curry leaves, green chilli, sugar to it. Now add water and boil it for 2 minutes.
6. Pour this on the steamed Dhokla and sprinkle some chopped coriander too.
Serve it with ketchup or green chutney. Your healthy Dhokla is ready to eat!