Yummy Apple Sauce Recipe
Apple puree is made by steaming the apples and in apple sauce we allow them to stew over low flame for a long time. This applesauce recipe is without sugar and hence, very healthy for all. Moreover, apples are a great source of potassium, vitamin C, magnesium and dietary fibres.
Ingredients: 2 apples, cinnamon or nutmeg.
1. Rinse, peel and chop the apples.
2. Place them in a sauce pan or pan.
3. Add water, the water should just about cover the apples.
4. Bring this mixture to a simmer on a low to medium flame.
5. You can also add spices like cinnamon or nutmeg.
6. Simmer till they become soft. you can either puree or mash them.
The colour of the apple sauce mainly depends upon the type of apple used. Apple sauce can be used as a healthy spread for breads and rotis.