Yummy Badam Kaju Katli
Badam Kaju Katli is a common dessert item in most North Indian households. Not only is it a treat to your tastebuds, but also offers the goodness of almonds and cashews. Almonds are rich potassium, sodium, calcium, magnesium, Vitamin B12 and Vitamin B6. Cashews are rich in iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium. So here’s an easy way to prepare badam kaju katlis at home.
Ingredients: 1/2 cup of cashews, ½ cup of almonds, ½ cup sugar, ½ teaspoon of cardamom powder, 5-6 rose petals.
1. In a tawa, dry roast almonds and cashews lightly for a couple of minutes. Remove from flame and let it cool.
2. Next, put the cooled dry fruits into a mixer jar along with the rose petals. Grind into a fine powder.
3. Heat another vessel and add water, sugar and cardamom powder and bring to boil. Add the dry fruit-rose petal mixture into this.
4. Stir to ensure that there are no lumps formed in the mixture. Cook on low flame till the mixture leaves the sides of the vessel.
5. Grease a plate and place this cooked mixture to cool. Knead softly once it has cooled to form a dough.
6. Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough gently.
7. Let it cool, then cut out the flattened dough into diamond shape.