Yummy Badam Kheer
Kheer is a favourite dish of kids. This sweet and creamy dessert of almond and milk is of great nutritional value. It is a source of protein from milk and almond forms a source of magnesium, copper, potassium, calcium and iron.
Ingredients:1/2 cup almonds, 1 tbsp ghee, 1 and ½ cup milk, 2 ½ tbsp sugar, ¼ tbsp cardamom powder, 4-5 strands of saffron and water
1. To blanch almonds, place almonds in a bowl and pour 1 cup of boiling water into it. Let it sit for 5-6 minutes, transfer to a strainer. Then, wash with water. Next, peel off the skin.
2. Grind blanched almonds with ¼ cup water and make a smooth paste.
3. Heat ghee in a non-stick pan and add almond paste.
4. Cook it over a low flame while stirring constantly until light brown for 5-6 minutes.
5. Add milk, mix well and bring it to boil over high flame.
6. When it starts boiling, reduce flame to medium and add sugar, saffron strands and cardamom powder.
7. Cook it for 4-5 minutes while stirring continuously. Remove pan from flame and let it cool to room temperature.
8. Transfer it to individual serving bowls or one large bowl and place in refrigerator for an hour before serving.
Serve this healthy and highly nutritious dessert to your kid. She will eat it with great enjoyment and will demand it more often.