Yummy Batter Fried Baby Corn
Baby corn is one among the most loved veggies. Savour the yummy taste of these batter-fried baby corn appetizers, which will definitely open up your hunger for more! This is a fun recipe because it will be crispy and delicious, and is a super easy dish for you to make! Baby corn is a good source of carbohydrates. It also contains some amounts of protein and fibre, which are essential for growth.
Ingredients: Baby corn, butter, salt as needed, 1 tsp white pepper, 1 tsp black pepper, a pinch of hing, 1 tbsp fresh basil or dried basil powder, 1/2 cup corn flour, 1 cup maida, a pinch of turmeric, water, canola oil to deep fry
1. Wash the baby corn really well in lukewarm water along with a pinch of turmeric. Rinse again in cold water and dry them using paper towels or kitchen cloth.
2. Heat a pan on medium flame and add 2 tbsp butter. Let the butter melt down completely. Add the baby corn into the pan and roast them until they become slightly golden. Do not close the lid.
3. Take a bowl, add maida and corn flour. Add some salt and mix well. Now, add water little by little, continuously stirring so that no lumps are formed. Make sure the consistency is not too thick or too runny.
4. If you are using fresh basil, finely chop them by rolling them into each other to retain the flavour, add this or dried basil powder to the batter, along with white pepper powder and black pepper powder. Also, add a pinch of hing and turmeric. Mix well to incorporate all the flavours into the batter. Fix the seasoning if necessary.
5. In a kadai, add some canola oil and let it come to heat. Dip each individual baby corn into the batter and put them into the oil. Fry them on both sides for about 2 minutes each.
Let them rest on tissue paper to absorb any excess oil. Snack time is never a problem anymore! Serve it with tomato sauce.
Note: You can try this with different veggies like onions, bell peppers, etc.