Yummy Beetroot Cutlet
Beetroot Cutlet is a colourful and healthy snack. Made from beetroot and potatoes, it is crispy on the outside, soft and delicious on the inside. Beetroot is a very good blood purifier and it is rich in minerals and vitamins such as iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium. It helps with improved digestion, protects the liver, and helps increase brain activity and development. Potatoes, on the other hand, help in liver protection and provide essential carbohydrates.
Ingredients: 2 beetroot boiled, 2 potatoes boiled, 1 tsp garam masala, 1/2 tsp dhania-jeera powder, 1/2 tsp dry amchur powder, 1/2 tsp chaat masala, 3-5 tbsp fine semolina for coating, 1-2 slices of bread, salt to taste, coriander leaves
1. Peel the skin, cook potato and beetroot in a pressure cooker. Mash them well.
2. In a bowl, add finely mashed vegetables, salt, masalas, coriander leaves, salt and mix well.
3. Divide the dough into small balls and shape it into a round shape.
4. Roll it over the semolina so it is coated well.
5. Keep cutlets to set well for 5-10 minutes.
6. Next, heat a pan and add oil, place 4-5 cutlets and cook in slow to medium heat until they become light brown, turn to other side and cook again until light brown, if needed drizzle some oil, repeat same for the rest.
Serve with tomato ketchup and relish this nutritious snack.