Yummy Carrot Burfi
Want to learn an interesting recipe using carrots? Carrot burfi is a must try for every mother whose child loves a good dessert. Not only is carrot burfi a delight to the taste buds, but is also highly nutritious as carrots are a rich source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, iron, Vitamin B6, magnesium, dietary fiber, potassium and sodium. So here’s how you can prepare this healthy and delicious sweet for everyone at home.
Ingredients: Two tablespoons of ghee, 4 cups of grated carrot, 1 cup milk powder, 1/3 cup of sugar, ½ teaspoon of cardamom powder, 15-20 pistachios chopped, ½ teaspoon ghee for greasing tray or plate.
1. Grease a tray or plate with the ghee and set aside.
2. Heat ghee in a pan and add the grated carrots. Saute for about 10-12 minutes on low or medium flame so the carrots are cooked.
3. Add the milk powder, mix well and sauté for about a minute.
4. Next add the sugar and cardamom powder. Cook for about10 minutes on low flame. The mixture will become sticky. Pinch out a small portion and see if it rolls into a smooth ball.
5. Pour the mixture onto the greased tray, sprinkle the chopped pistachios and set aside for cooling.
6. Cut out the barfis and serve.
Unbelievably simple, isn’t it? Try it out today!