Yummy Cheesy Perad
Perad or Goan cheese can serve as a healthy alternative for the regular cheese as it uses guavas, which are a rich source of Vitamin C and antioxidants.
Ingredients: You will require a kilo of ripe guavas, 700-800 gm of powdered sugar, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of butter.
1. Boil the guavas in a pressure cooker. On cooling, slice them and deseed.
2. Prepare guava puree by blending the boiled and deseeded guavas into a mixer. Use a sieve to clear the pulp of any seeds.
3. Take a wide bottomed vessel and heat slowly. Pour the guava pulp into the vessel and ensure that the puree doesn’t get burnt. Add equal amount of sugar into the pulp and stir continuously.
4. Make a smooth paste and mix the lime juice.
5. Keep stirring till your paste thickens. Add a bit of butter and stir till your pulp glazes.
6. Once the pulp starts thickening, spread it on a greased tray.
Allow it to cool and cut into shapes that you like. Seems easy, doesn’t it? Try this out today!