Yummy Crunchy Jangri
Here’s a fun recipe that is easy to make and is sure to become a favourite. Jangri is a traditional sweet made in Tamil Nadu and is made with urad dal, which is believed to be richest source of Vitamin B and proteins.
Ingredients:One cup of urad dal, two teaspoons of raw rice, 3 to 4 cups of sugar, a pinch of saffron powder or orange colour, oil to deep fry.
1. Soak the rice and urad dal for about one hour. After this, make a smooth paste in a mixer.
2. Use a plastic cover to create a piping cone to prepare the jangri design. Try out the design on a plate first.
3. Heat oil and pour the jangris into it using the piping cone. Deep fry and scoop out.
4. Prepare a sugar syrup and add the saffron powder to it.
5. Place the jangris into the syrup for 10 to 15 minutes and then take out.
Your jangris are ready!