Yummy Egg And Cheese Muffins
Egg and Cheese Muffins are a protein filled muffin that is kid-friendly, easy to make and is a quick lunch box during the week. With this your child will have a nutritions and flavour packed meal. Egg and Cheese both are high in calcium and adds a great food value.
2 tablespoon olive oil, ½ kg chicken (minced) 1 teaspoon cumin, ¼ teaspoon pepper, ½ teaspoon chilli powder, ½ red bell pepper (you can use any colour bell pepper), 4 large eggs, 1 cup fresh spinach(finely chopped), 2 green onions (sliced length wise), 1 ½ cup cheddar cheese, Pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper.
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, grease your muffin tins and set aside.
2. In a large pan heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the cumin, minced chicken, red pepper and chilli powder and cook for 3 minutes. Add the bell pepper and continue to until the chicken is browned, about 5-6 minutes. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl add the spinach, green onions, 1 cup of cheese and chicken.
4. In another large bowl crack the eggs and whisk them together. Add the egg mixture to the chicken mixture and season with a dash of salt and pepper. Stir until fully combined.
5. Pour the egg mixtures into the muffin tins (about ¾ of the way full), and sprinkle each muffin with a small amount of the ½ cup of the leftover cheese.
6. Put the egg muffins in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the egg muffins are set in the middle and begin to turn golden brown.
7. Remove from the oven let cool before the removing from the muffin tin. Serve with sour cream or salsa if you like.
And your yummy is ready! Treat your little one with this delicious dish!