Yummy Jacket Potato with Beans and Cheese
Baked jacket potatoes are a great comfort food loaded with energy. Adding kidney beans adds to this dish some much needed protein.
Ingredients: ½ cup of red kidney beans (rajma), salt, 2 large potatoes, grated cheese, 1 tbsp oil, 1 chopped carrot, 1 chopped tomato, pepper, 1 tsp worcestershire sauce, 100 ml water.
1. Boil red kidney beans with some salt. Drain, lightly mash and keep aside.
2. Thoroughly scrub potatoes. Using a fork, create several small prick like cavities.
3. Bake them for 1 hour at 200 degrees until they feel soft.
4. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and gently cook 1 chopped carrot, 1 chopped tomato, and the beans. Add salt, pepper, and 1 tsp worcestershire sauce. Cook covered for 5 minutes with 100 ml water.
5. Split the top of the potatoes and spoon some of the bean mixture.
6. Drizzle some grated cheese and again cook for 5 minutes in the oven until the cheese melts.
7. Cool and serve with a few drops of ketchup on top.