Yummy Kaju Pulao
Cashewnuts are a great source of proteins and essential minerals such as selenium, magnesium, zinc, iron, copper, potassium and manganese. Wouldn’t it be great if you could incorporate all these nutrients into your food without having to go through an ordeal in the kitchen. Kaju Pulao is an easy and quick to prepare recipe that is delightfully tasty and offers all the nutritional benefits of cashewnuts.
Ingredients: 1 cup of pre-soaked basmati rice, 2 tablespoons of oil or ghee, ½ cup of thinly sliced onions, 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste, 25 to 30 cashewnuts, 2 tablespoons of chopped coriander, 1 bay leaf, 5 to 6 black peppercorns, ½ inch cinnamon, ½ tsp shah jeera, 1 black cardamom, 2 green cardamom, 3 cloves, 2 strands of mace, 2 cups of water, salt.
1. Heat ghee in a pressure cooker and add the spices till you smell the aroma.
2. Add the onions and ginger garlic paste. Saute on medium flame till the onions turn translucent.
3. Add the cashewnuts and brown them slightly.
4. Now add the rice and water. Sprinkle salt as per taste and pressure cook on medium flame for 5-10 minutes.
5. Remove and garnish with coriander leaves.