Yummy Khaman Dhokla
Yes, dhokla is a known recipe for most of us, though very less of us know the easiest way to prepare it through the microwave within minutes. It is alsoknown as Khaman Dhokla. Moreover, your kiddo will surely love its appetizing flavor and attractive fluffy structure that is also tongue soothing. It is also rich in vitamin C, proteins and calcium.
Ingredients: 1 cup gram flour, 1 1/2 tbsp semolina, 1/2 tsp of lemon fresh, 1 tbsp sugar, Salt to taste, 1 tbsp oil, 1/2 tsp mustard seeds, ½ tsp of sesame seeds, a pinch of asafetida, 1 tbsp fresh chopped coriander
1) Take a bowl and combine all the ingredients gram flour, semolina, lemon juice, sugar, salt with 3/4cup of water and mix well till there is no lump remains.
2) Add the salt and a little water over it when the bubbles are about to form. Mix it gently.
3) Take half of the batter into a greased microwave safe bowl and microwave it for about 2 minutes.
4) Repeat the above three steps to prepare the dhoklas of the remaining batter.
5) Heat the oil in a microwave safe bowl and add the mustard seeds, sesame seeds and asafetida and microwave it high for at least 1 minute.
6) Use this tempering over both the batches of the Kaman dhoklas and also garnish them with fresh coriander.
7) Cut the prepared dhokla into the desired size of pieces and serve them immediately with the dip you like or the tomato ketchup.
These doklas are so easy and quick to prepare. And also will definitely relive your kiddo from the same and boring lunch preparations. This recipe can also serve as a snack or in the breakfast.