Yummy Lentil Cutlets
These non oily healthy lentil cutlets are best for snacks. Soya is a good source of protein found in vegetarian foods, lentil gives it another facet of nutrition, so why to grab on unhealthy snack, try these lentil cutlets!
Ingredients: 2 cups soya granules, 1 cup black lentils /masoor dal, 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste, 1 big onion, 2-3 tbsp gram flour, salt, red chilli powder, garam masala as per taste, 1 big cardamom, 2-3 cloves, 4-5 peppercorns, 2 tbsp oil.
1. Take a pressure cooker, add all the ingredients except oil & gram flour.
2. Add 2 cups of water and cook for 15-20 minutes.
3. Simmer the flame after a whistle.
4. In the mean time, dry roast gram flour till aromatic.
5. Now, open the cooker if the mixture is dry it is ready, else cook it till the water evaporates.
6. Then grind the mixture to a smooth paste.
7. Now add roasted gram flour and shape them as cutlets.
8. Cook them on non stick pan till golden brown from both the sides by applying oil.
9. Serve these power packed snack.
Note: Discard whole spices before grinding and mixture do not make it dry.