Yummy Potato Pops
These potato pops are the modern and attractive version of Potato Tikki. These pops will not only attract but also has a fabulous taste. They are rich in carbohydrates, sodium, potassium and calcium.
Ingredients: 3-4 boiled potatoes, ¼ cup of grated carrot, a white bread slice soaked and squeezed, 1 tsp ginger paste, 2 tbsp fresh coriander chopped, a pinch of sugar, salt to taste, ¼ cup cheese cubes, 4 bread sticks broken into half, oil for greasing and cooking.
1. Take the potatoes and mash them properly.
2. Take all the ingredients except the bread sticks and the cheese cubes in a bowl and mix them properly using your hand.
3. Take the mixture and divide it into 8 equal parts.
4. Take each portion and flatten it properly between the palms.
5. Take a cheese cube and place it in the center of each portion and again flatten it slightly with the help of your palm.
6. Then insert a bread stick into it and again seal it properly.
7. Repeat the above steps to make more potato pops.
8. Heat a nonstick griddle and grease it with oil. Place potato pops over it. Cook it with oil till it turns golden brown in color at both sides.
9. Serve immediately with a dip of your choice or tomato ketchup.
This unique presentation can be served as a starter or a snack. This is a healthy version of tikkis since no deep frying is done.