Yummy Sweet Kordoi
Running out of ideas of snacks? Look no further! Here is a yummy Kordoi recipe that you will love to nibble on! The flour provides carbohydrates, while the sugar provides energy.
Ingredients: 2 cups flour, 2 tablespoons oil, oil for deep frying, 1 pinch nigella seeds/ kal jeera, 2 cups caster sugar for sugar coating, 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Mix flour and salt. Knead into a firm elastic dough and allow to rest.
2. Roll small pieces of dough into rotis, approximately 4 inches in diameter. With a sharp knife, cut straight lines, making sure not to cut all the way through. From one end start to make a roll, pinching the ends to bind. Push the two ends of the shaped kordoi gently to plump the middle.
3. Deep fry kordoi till crispy. Drain. Allow to cool.
4. Make sugar syrup by heating sugar in water till just sticky.
5. Dip kordoi into syrup. Allow them to rest before removing and allow them to harden.
So get busy and have a blast in the kitchen!