Yummy Tasty Oatmeal Uttapam Time
Oatmeal is great for breakfast; it is rich in carbohydrate, water-soluble fiber that encourages slow digestion and stabilizes blood-glucose levels. It will keep your tummy full for long. The goodness of yogurt and mixed veggies increase its nutrients value. You can serve it as an evening snack or at breakfast.
Ingredients: 1 tbsp oatmeal powder, 3 tbsp suji, 1 tbsp yogurt, water, 2 tbsp of some mixed veggies finely chopped like (onion, tomato, capsicum, coriander leaves), 1 tsp ghee.
1. Take a mixing bowl. Add oatmeal powder, suji, yogurt and mix it well.
2. Now pour a few spoons of water and whisk it for 4 to 5 minutes. Make a smooth mixture without any lumps.
3. Cover this mixture and leave it for 20 minutes, the batter will thicken while it is covered.
4. Beat this batter for 2 minutes more, if you need you can add a few spoons of water.
5. Heat up a non-stick tawa and pour the batter on it, give it a round shape with help of a ladle. Keep it on medium flame.
6. Now spread all veggies on top of the batter, with the help of a spatula press all veggies so that it sets on it properly.
7. Drizzle a few drops ghee on the center and sides of the uttapam. When the base turns a little brown in color flip it to the other side till all the veggies cook.
Serve this yummy healthy uttapam while it's warm.