Yummy Vegetable Toasts
Vegetable open toasts are very tempting as you can see what is in them. Imagine the whiffs of sautéed onions and garlic spreading in the air, the sight of colorful veggies, and a sumptuous dose of melted cheese lovingly caressing the veggies. You will love to have this in lunch box and it is also high in vitamins and protein.
Ingredients: 5 bread slices lightly buttered, 2 and 1/2 tbsp grated processed cheese
For The Mixed Vegetable Topping: 1/2 cup finely chopped and boiled french beans, 1/2 cup finely chopped and boiled carrots, 1 tbsp oil, 1 1/2 tsp finely chopped garlic, 1/2 cup finely chopped onions, 3 tbsp tomato ketchup, 1 tsp chilli powder, 1/4 cup grated processed cheese, salt to taste.
For the mixed vegetable topping:
1. Heat oil in a broad non-stick pan, add garlic, onions and sauté on medium flame for 1 minute.
2. Add french beans, carrot, tomato ketchup, chilli powder, cheese and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
3. Divide the topping in 5 equal portions and keep aside.
How to proceed:
1. Place all the bread slices on a baking tray with the buttered side facing upwards and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes or till crisp.
2. Place all the bread toasts on a clean, dry surface, spread a portion of mixed vegetable topping and sprinkle ½ tbsp of cheese evenly over each toast.
3. Place them on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 5 to 7 minutes or till the cheese melts.
Your delicious treat is ready! Treat with this lip-smacking lunch box!