Zafrani Badam Ki Kheer
Kheer may be one of your kid's favorite dishes. This sweet, creamy dessert of almond and milk is of great nutritional value. Milk is a good source of protein and almonds are a good source of magnesium, copper, potassium, calcium and iron.
Ingredients: 1/2 cup almonds, 1 tbsp ghee, 1 and ½ cup full fat or less fat milk, 2 and ½ tbsp sugar, ¼ tbsp cardamom powder, 4-5 strands of saffron and water .
1. Blanch almonds: Place almonds in a bowl and pour 1 cup of boiling water into it. Let it sit for 5-6 minutes, transfer into a strainer, drain of the water. Then wash with normal cold water. Next peel off the almond skin and the blanched almonds are ready.
2. Grind blanched almonds with ¼ cup water and make a smooth paste.
3. Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a non sticky pan and add almond paste.
4. Cook it over low flame while stirring constantly until light brown for 5-6 minutes.
5. Add milk, mix well and bring it to boil over high flame.
6. When it starts boiling, reduce flame to medium and add sugar, saffron strands and cardamom powder.
7. Cook it for 4-5 minutes while stirring continuously. Remove pan from flame and let it cool at room temperature .
8. Transfer it to a large bowl and place it in the fridge for an hour before serving. Chilled badam kheer is ready for serving.
Serve this healthy and highly nutritious dessert to your kid. He will eat it with great enjoyment and will demand it more often.