Banana Sheera - The Perfect Sweet Dish
Sheera is a sweet dish common to all Indian households on special occasions. Ever tried adding bananas to this trusted classic? It might just be a good idea as bananas will give this dish the perfect consistency, taste, and nutrition.
Ingredients: 3 tbsp ghee, 1 cup semolina, 2 cups of water, 1 cup mashed banana, 2 green cardamoms (powdered) and ¾ cup sugar.
1. Heat ghee in a pan and add semolina. Roast till the raw smell of semolina goes away.
2. Pour water and stir well to remove lumps.
3. Let it simmer until the water is fully absorbed; stir continuously.
4. Now, add banana and mix well.
5. Add green cardamoms and sugar.
6. Mix well until the sugar crystals are no more noticeable.
7. Serve warm.