For young toddlers it is important that you choose recipes which are easily digestible. Barley Cereal is an excellent dish that would be loved by your baby during breakfast or lunchtime. Barley is a good source of Magnesium, Vitamin B-6, Calcium, Iron and Dietary Fiber which is beneficial for digestion. Milk is also present in the recipe that offers sufficient amount of Protein and Vitamin B-12.
Ingredients: 1 medium carrot (pureed), 2 Tbsp. barley coarse powder, 1 ½ cup water, ½ cup milk, cardamom powder, 1 ½ jaggery and 1 Tbsp. ghee.
1. You need to first soak the barley in water for a minimum of 10 mins.
2. Take the carrot puree and add milk. Keep it aside.
3. Now, cook barley until the coarse grains become smooth.
4. The next step is to add the carrot-milk mixture to the barley. Cook it on a low flame for 2 minutes.
5. Add cardamom powder and jaggery. Mix it well.
6. The final step is to add ghee and stir it for 2 minutes.
The recipe is quite simple and should be tried right away!