Brown Rice With Chicken & Veggies
Chicken is rich in protein, vitamin and minerals. Brown rice also contains lots of minerals and vitamin B6, this rice is an excellent source of manganese. Adding colorful veggies increases its nutritional value. You can serve this dish at lunch time or dinner.
Ingredients: 1/2 cup of chicken breast, 1/2 carrot finely chopped, 1/2 cups peas, 1/2 potato peeled and chopped, 1/2 onion peeled and chopped, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1 cup brown rice, a pinch of turmeric powder, 1 tsp butter/oil, water.
1. Wash the brown rice properly, take a pressure cooker, add brown rice, turmeric powder and 2 and a ½ cups water in it, cook it till gets into mashed form.
2. Take one pan with lid, heat the pan add oil in it, put chopped onion in it, stir till it gets translucent.
3. Now add all chopped veggies in the pan along with chopped chicken breast and cumin powder. Stir for few minutes and add water in it. Cover the pan and cook it on medium flame.
4. Once it is cooked, switch of the gas and let it cool down, take a blender blend, add all veggies and chicken breast to it and make it into a puree.
5. Now take a large bowl, add cooked rice and puree and mix it well.
Serve this nutritional meal.