Butternut Squash Risotto
Butternut Squash Risotto is a lovely dish which would pull all to the dining table. The taste as well as the health benefits of this recipe is quite commendable. Butternut squash offers carbohydrates, Vitamin C and Vitamin A. Moreover, the presence of cheese adds protein, Vitamin B-12 and calcium.
Ingredients: 2 cups butternut squash, 2 tbsp. butter, ½ onion minced, 1 cup Arborio rice, 5 cups chicken stock, ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, salt, black pepper.
1. You need to place the squash into a steamer basket setup in a saucepan. Add water and cover it. Bring it to boil and allow the steam to tender the squash.
2. Drain and mash the squash. Keep it aside.
3. Now, melt butter in a saucepan and add onion. Cook it for 2mins and then stir the rice.
4. Cook it further until the onion begins to acquire brown color.
5. Next step is to add the mashed squash and 1/3 chicken stock.
6. Cook it for 5-7 mins until the rice absorbs the broth.
7. Now add the remaining chicken stock. Stir it well until the content gets creamy.
8. Finally add parmesan cheese and season it with salt & pepper.
Share the recipe with your family & friends. Try now!