Calcium Rich Curd Rice
Curd Rice is an easy to digest and simple food that will soothe your kid’s stomach.
Ingredients: 2 cups of leftover rice, ½ cup cold milk, ½ cup curd, 1 tbsp cream, 1 tbsp oil, ¼ tsp mustard seeds, 1/2 tsp channa dal, ½ tsp urad dal, 1 red chilli, few curry leaves, ½ tsp chopped ginger, 1 tbsp grated carrot and ½ cup mixed fruits (pomegranate, chopped apple, pineapple, grapes, etc).
1. Heat leftover rice and add cold milk. Mix well until the milk gets absorbed by the rice.
2. Add curd and cream. Mix well and keep aside.
3. For tempering: Heat oil and add mustard seeds, let it splutter.
4. Add channa dal and urad dal.
5. When dal turn slightly brown add red chilli, few curry leaves, and chopped ginger. Cook for a few seconds.
6. Pour this over the rice, add salt and mix well.
7. Add carrot and mixed fruits.
Remove the red chilli and serve.