Calcium Rich Ragi Halwa
Ragi is a great source of calcium and also helps to keep the body cool. Here is a recipe of ragi halwa that uses jaggery. Jaggery is better than sugar as it digests slowly and releases energy over time. Jaggery is rich in Iron and acts as a cleansing agent for the respiratory and digestive systems of the body.
Ingredients: 1 cup ragi, 1 cup water, ¾ cup jaggery, ¼ cup pure ghee, 1 cup coconut milk, 1 tsp cardamom powder.
1. Soak ragi overnight. Wash and grind with water to make a smooth paste.
2. Sieve using a fine muslin cloth to get the ragi milk.
3. In a heavy bottom pan add ragi milk, jaggery, ghee, coconut milk, and cardamom powder.
4. Bring the mixture to boil and cook on low flame stirring continuously.
5. Keep cooking till it thickens and leaves the pan.
6. Grease a plate and spread the halwa on it.
When the halwa cools, cut into pieces and serve.